Message

Welcome to the place where peace is just the talk of the day! As you make comments remember the motive that you are writing, PEACE.

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Genuine Art Masterpiece: Attribute to CNN

Suprise! Am Sorry

I know what you thought,
You'd find me soaked in tears,
I know what you expected,
I' d be broken and afraid,
Am sorry to say, am stronger now than then.

I wonder if my pain is your joy,
If it is am so sorry to disappoint,
My third name is now strength,
You'll be surprised, how much I have grown,
Am sorry, since you left, I turned out perfect.

I know you've been talking, so have been my friends,
Am not a survivor, am a liver to the end,
Try your best to put me down, but I ain't dead,
I guess you are choking now, from your own surprise,
Am sorry I didn't turn out, to be what you wanted.

It feels good to rub it in your face,
It feels great, to shove it down your throat,
It feels just perfect, to be a pain in your neck,
Am sorry, I did not turn out a failure.

By Orawo Olave (Attribute to the CNN after misreporting of widespread violence in Kenya on the first day of elections labeling it as "Kenyan deadly start")

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is an absorbing and yet fulfilling poem. Am so touched and impressed at the same tym, I felt a sense of pride and satisfaction after I read this poem. Many are the tyms that people(western media) expect the worst from us and what news do they actually receive? of course positive development!!!!!!!! they shud be ashamed indeed at the daunting expectations they inflict in desperate souls(keenly affected peolpe).

Thanks for your charismatic poem it instils a great sense of pride toward for Africa.

Denis Kariuki said...

Thank you for giving a thumbs up and rejecting the presumed inferiority that is thought to be our way of life Gibson.

Mawupemor said...

Great piece! Well written! It really is about time, western media realize that the era of the docile African ended a long time ago. The new generation of Africans is one that would rise up to fight injustice and misrepresentation of our identity. Thumbs up to Orawo Olave! Thanks for sharing Dennis!

Denis Kariuki said...

Thanks for your comments Mawupemor. This was a talent worth the distribution and the read. It talks about all of us and that is why I shared it. I'm Looking forward to your contributions.