Message

Welcome to the place where peace is just the talk of the day! As you make comments remember the motive that you are writing, PEACE.

Friday 1 March 2013

Uhuru Kenyatta is a “common” man


Random fact A single nerve controls the mosquito s instinct to _57069f6464a163616998965d23730abe
This is a case pulling evidence to whether Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta the former minister of finance is indeed a “common” man as is thought in the public domain. I intend to lure you to the thought that even if he was in real life, that would either still be in a dream or an illusion of the dream. The evidence to my statements were first hand information obtained from the minister before during and after the Kenyan presidential debate. I do not intend to make you believe me  but I need you to agree with me and nothing else matters.

Uhuru Kenyatta, the deputy prime minister is the richest man in Kenya and he is the 26th richest in Africa as the forbes magazine states. If this is the “common” or in other terms the average mwananchi, then Kenya really is more than just a first world developed country. In fact we sure deserve a new rank far away from the bragging so called developed world. His source of wealth is land and this is primed to be at least 500,000 acres of land. This is the same country where we have reports of up to 400,000 internally displaced persons. Ideally he could offer them land and save 100,000 acres. Indeed he is a common man.

He is the leader who is at the forefront claiming to be speaking on behalf of the common mwananchi and he echoed that he wants resources to distributed equally. He is also campaigning on the ideal of his enormous ability to understand the common man. He does not in any way look uncommon. Kenya is not this world and cannot accommodate one person acquiring this large amounts of wealth just to himself and family. I do not in any way dispute his claim that he got this land from “willing seller, willing buyer basis” only because I do not have evidence to prove a negative.

There is no way to dispute the fact that “Kenya is bigger than all of us” as Peter Kenneth reiterated in the debate. The thing is with high levels of poverty, 40% of the people being unemployed, many working in the informal sector (of those employed) and the 20 year disappointment of schooling only to fail to get employed based on your ethnic background, there is a mismatch between who should be the common man. Uhuru is in Business and has large shares in K24 and commercial bank of Kenya. He is also a politician and this job is the highest paying job among equals all over the world. This is not common but then again maybe I am wrong.

Maybe it is just that these mosquitoes keep buzzing and to add up my poverty is extreme that I cannot even afford sleep. I will not forget to replace the candles and insecticide that I have run out of as my privileged source of light and energy in these thought provoking times. This compost here in Dandora slums likes to attract insects often. My stomach churns but that is not a problem of mine. I live to eat the fruits of my labour one day or else I could ponder on the fact my neighbors live in worse conditions than mine and there is nothing common with that.

2 comments:

Minek said...

It's interesting that Uhuru went to Armherst College, the liberal arts college.

Denis Kariuki said...

Interesting fact. And he was studying in a crucial time in Kenya's history (1961). I am not saying that he will not be able to govern a country but how will he rebuke the same issues that he is a part of (with regard to land grabbing).