Message

Welcome to the place where peace is just the talk of the day! As you make comments remember the motive that you are writing, PEACE.

Monday 18 March 2013

Raila Odinga owes me

soup-clip-art-2
My name is Kisongo and I am a doctor by profession but since I dropped out of school in form 3 some illiterate people of Maili Kumi are in the liking of calling me a witch doctor. I have frequently told them that I know chemistry inside out and up side down from H to O (water) to the complex microorganisms. I use bones and blood to foretell the future and I have a good reputation in my village. I always tell my 5 daughters and 10 sons to work hard to succeed like me but they also do not listen to me, same with Raila Odinga.

One week before the elections I threw my bones to the ground and did my experiments and prescribed that Raila Amolo Odinga was not going to win. These are deep forces that talked to me and because I was very concerned about the country and Raila I decided to have an interaction with him. Raila listened to me but his running mate Kalonzo Musyoka thought I was going to overthrow him as Raila’s right hand man.

I only eat, breath and sleep with my chemicals and nothing else matters to me.

So Raila sent me a text message and said he wanted to meet me urgently. Without hesitation I packed my few belongings in my polythene bag and off I went to the city. I have never boarded a bus for that long but because I was trying to save the most important man in the country this did not matter to me. I dropped out in Nairobi city and I was overwhelmed so I ran as I was directed by Raila to find where he would be.

He was very sad when I first saw him and immediately my expertise told me that there was something wrong with him. I was blocked by these policemen who touched me all over without respect and put all my belongings aside. I was very angry because they neglected my status and also because they did not do the same to Raila.

I sat next to the prime minister and he seemed as if he had depression. I immediately told him that I could tell my wife Kanini to come to the city and make him root soup to calm his nerves and that she was also an excellent cook. He declined my help and as soon as he did this he seemed to have gained some confidence. I was not paying for the food so I made sure to get the most expensive thing and that was cowpeas, njahe, chapati and beans. I did not forget a cup of milk as the dessert. I was a star!

“Kisongo, I will not be needing you anymore and I want you to forget that we ever met” Raila said

“Let us finish eating then we will reach an understanding ” I hesitated. But all this fell into deaf ears.

So I packed the plate and cutlery and off I walked back to Maili Kumi. I did not even go back to work after I arrived because it took me 9 days to get home and I was tired so I slept. I woke up the next morning at noon to go and wait for the morning newspapers to get to Kamau’s shop. Then all hell broke lose the prime minister was loosing. I then heard him on my walkman saying “some deep forces within IEBC did not allow him to win”.

I was angry and I knew that I would have helped and probably now i would have been the next vice president of Kenya. He had lost and really he looked jobless and miserable. I told Kanini to prepare some root soup for me and I went to bed. I just hope Raila is reading this. (To be continued)

kisongo

No comments: